Why do we care about a green story?Mirtec is conscious of the impact we have on the environment and we take measures across our network of distributors, architectural community and the end customers to minimize that impact whenever possible – both in our manufacturing and our day-to-day business operations.
Our philosophy in many areas which include:
• Ensuring minimal waste in the production process.
• Responsible water use to reduce consumption and to ensure that the water used is returned to the system as clean as or cleaner than when it came in.
• Reduce use of chemicals in production and proper disposal when they are used.
• Reduce material waste and scraps by ensuring optimum cutting and production techniques.
• Maintaining the terms of employment of adults under the laws of the country with population diversity purity of disabilities.
Polycarbonate LensesManufactured by Palram Industries which complies with the requirements of the European Union's RoHS1 directive 2002/95 regarding the concentrations of heavy metals and heavy metal compounds. Including:
• lead (Pb)
• Cadmium (Cd)
• Mercury (Hg)
• Hexavalent chromium (CrVI)
• Concentrations of flame retardants based on polybrominated biphenyls (PBB) and Polybrominated diphenyl ethers (PBDE) including (DecaBDE)
AnodizingAll materials and processes are RoHS1 compliant. Additionally, was implemented a water recycling system which reduces the use of water in the manufacturing process. Our vendor in partnership with the University of Haifa have commenced on an innovative project of waste water treatment.
Aluminum Extrusions• Mirtec’s suppliers of aluminum profiles are Alubin Sahal and Profal Ltd. Generally, aluminum is inherently eco-friendly in terms of its recyclability and energy efficiencies.
• The manufacturing process has an effective recycling program. Excess cut off materials are recycled into production.
• Profal is a member of the European Aluminum Association (EAA) has adopted the use of the Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) methodology which provides the best framework for assessing the potential environmental impacts of products.
• Profal is also a member of the Aluminum Extruders Council (AEC) based in Illinois in the US.